Resolutions for the RVer
Not every resolution has to be about self-improvement or seeking world peace. In fact, they can be as silly or serious as you want. So, as an RVer why not set some goals for the year ahead? After all, there are so many ways to enjoy the world around you, and having an RV offers many opportunities for accomplishing some fun resolutions.
Here are a few thoughts for the New Year, or whenever you want a fresh start with your RV:
- Do something different – If you always stay at a site with full hook-ups and all the amenities, try a more remote site, and give “roughing it” a try. You might discover something you really enjoy.
- Start a journal – Be it a Vlog, a blog, a scrapbook, or some other way to keep up with where you go, the people you meet, and the things you see start capturing the memories, stories, and experiences. Did you pick up some memorabilia? Perhaps try a new recipe? Whatever it may be, having a record of it is a great way to show off your experiences.
- Determine to be vigilant in RV maintenance – Owning an RV is a privilege and a responsibility. Be sure to keep yours maintained. Check the tires, roof, seal and seams, battery, fluids, and oils regularly so your RV is always ready to go. Make this easy by keeping AMSOIL products– oil, coolant, transmission fluid, etc. on hand. Ordering these from AMSOIL dealer, Cardy 4ever Oil ensures you have what you need when you need it.
- Take your time – Don’t rush from place to place, merely to mark it off a Bucket List. Enjoy the journey and have fun when you get wherever it is you are going.
- Buy a Parks Pass- A national Parks pass makes it possible to visit any of the 58 national parks and over 2,000 federal recreational sites. At less than $100 a year, it is great investment that you will benefit from over and over.
- Reduce clutter – Living in an RV means little space for extra stuff. Spend a weekend cleaning out all the nooks and crannies of your RV so you can utilize all the space to its full advantage.
- Create a Bucket List – If you haven’t already made a list of places to see or explore, why not? Now is a good time to dream a little, and start planning your next RV adventure.
- Be impulsive- While having a Bucket List is great and having a plan is fine, don’t be afraid to go off-script and make the most of the moments. Go off grid, check out that unusual deli, go down a natural waterslide, visit a museum- whatever it is, there’s always time to do something new.
- Introduce someone new to the RV lifestyle – Bring along an RV rookie and show them how to enjoy the journey. A weekend adventure is a great place to start.
What are you waiting for? Now is the time to make the most of your RV. Check out new places, keep it maintained, purchase a National Park pass- whatever it is that you have been talking about doing, make this year the year it happens.